The R&D Laboratory Manager will contribute to a R&D program focused on the development of products (e.g., prebiotics, plant bioactives) for reaching new or improved properties (e.g., better formulation, bioactivity) and/or uses thereof. Within this frame, his/her principal responsibility (about 60% of time) will be to conduct analytical (research) work using LC-MS and other lab equipment, troubleshoot or develop analytical methods, and lead their implementation. He/she will lead, co-lead, or collaborate (about 40% of time) in development projects aiming to improve existing products or processes (e.g., fermentation, manufacturing). He/she will collaborate in conducting statistical analysis, interpretation of research outcomes, and preparation of reports (internal communication and scientific publications). He/she will communicate with staff members, research partners and collaborators, management, commercial team, and customers.
- Reports project status and data weekly to Director of Research & Innovation.
- Conducts analysis of biological samples (e.g., animal tissues, blood, fermentation media, etc.) for biomarkers of interest.
- Learns, develops, and/or implements analytical methods in internal and/or external (collaboration) labs.
- Develops and maintains contact with network of analytical labs.
- Prepares and administers the laboratory budget.
- Leads, co-leads, or collaborates with other departments in projects aiming to improve existing products and/or processes, including those dedicated to in-house fermentation and product manufacturing.
- Maintains extensive daily records on the progress of all projects and assigned tasks.
- Research projects including but not limited to protocol development and approval, product shipment, data collection, analysis and interpretation (when applicable).
- Maintains integrity/security of recorded data and electronic storage (through the Back Office, Drop Box, and/or the BioZyme Research Center) of files related to the projects including agreements, contracts, protocols, final reports, abstracts, and journal articles.
- Ensures every project (internal & external) has an approved protocol before it begins.
- Ensures reports are prepared in a timely manner at the close of each project.
- Keeps abreast of the state of analytical chemistry and microbiology related to BioZyme core competencies.
- The successful candidate will have a MS or PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology or closely related fields, ideally with > 2 years of direct research experience including chromatographic science (analytical, semi preparative and preparative LC), and mass spectrometry, preferably in the field of pharmacology, physiology, biotechnology, or nutrition.
- He/she will have demonstrated ability to develop (validate) and implement analytical methods; plan, execute, and document research projects; communicate effectively; work simultaneously in multiple projects; and interact with people from different cultures.
- He/she will also have good knowledge of preparation techniques for biological samples.
- The candidate must be able to work independently with little direct supervision, be self-motivated and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and an above average attention-to-detail focus are required.
Applications with resumes, references and cover letters can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job description is intended to be a tool to describe the primary purposes of the job and the key responsibilities. The job description may not be inclusive of all duties and assignments. Job duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or revised at the discretion of management. This is a description of the way this position is designed to be performed and does not address the potential for accommodation, which would be addressed on a case-by-case basis.