- VitaFerm® Concept•Aid® 5/S HEAT® will be available May 1, 2020. VitaFerm Concept•Aid 5/S HEAT is a free-choice vitamin and mineral supplement for beef cattle specifically designed for reproductive success when fed 60 days pre-calving through 60 days post-breeding. Also contains HEAT to help prevent heat stress during temperatures of 70 degrees and above, or anytime cattle are grazing fescue.
- DuraFerm® Sheep Concept•Aid® HEAT® will be available May 1, 2020 but will NOT ship until May 15, 2020. DuraFerm Sheep Concept•Aid HEAT is a mineral supplement for sheep specifically designed to help prevent heat stress during temperatures of 70 degrees or above. Especially beneficial to combat the challenges of getting ewes bred in the summer. Also contains garlic to deter insects.
- Published Pallet rates are no longer available via the Terms and Conditions document. In lieu of published rates we have built and launched a new app called LTL Freight Calculator. Estimated shipping rates for LTL shipments can be calculated via the BioZyme Dealer Center and the LTL Freight Calculator. Visit https://dealers.backofficeapps.com/freight/calculator/new
NOTE: This tool and its results are for estimation purposes only. BioZyme, Inc makes no guarantees that these rates will be accurate when a shipment is rated and booked.
- Vitalize® High Performance has moved to a 40 lb. bag and is now using the same bag design as the other Vitalize pellet products.
- In response to customer requests for a more durable and weather resistant bag, we are beginning to switch our bagged products from multi-wall, paper to Biaxially Oriented Poly Propylene bags. Starting May 1, 2020, Vitalize Digest More Plus 40 lb., Vitalize Protein Pellet and Vitalize High Performance will begin shipping in the new bags.
- Amaferm® Digest More® has changed names to Amaferm Pellet and will ship in the same style bag as Amaferm granular.
- The impacts of coronavirus are being felt in the supply chain. The effect is most noticeable for vitamins, which have increased dramatically because of tight global supply. We are working diligently to mitigate the effects of the shortage to our products and minimize price increases.
- Due to reduced fuel demand the ethanol industry has seen significant supply chain challenges. As a result of quality and supply issues we have changed to a new DDGS supplier with a more consistent product. This has resulted in a lighter bulk density and smaller particle size that is noticeable in some of our products.
- Cogent Solutions Group, our sister company in Lexington, KY, will be expanding their operation and moving into a new facility the week of May 8-15, 2020. Production of Vita Charge® and Vitalize® products will be shut down during that time. We have increased production over the last few weeks to cover that down time and don’t expect any delays on shipment of Vita Charge and Vitalize products.
- Ailee Langdon is no longer with BioZyme. If you need any type of assistance that Ailee used to help you with, please reach out to Jennifer Miller at (816) 596-8785 or email@example.com.
- To better align the organization, some alterations have been made to job titles in Supply Chain. Dan Wiezba is the Senior Manager of Plant and Production, Kevin Glaubius is the Senior Manager of Formulation & Regulatory, Sam Norton is the Senior Manager of Efficiency & Safety, Dennis Delaney is the Senior Manager of Quality Control, Stephen Mohn is the Senior Manager of Inventory, and Tyson Vordestrasse is the Senior Manager of Fermentation.
- Hayley Keck, our Marketing Brand Coordinator, has taken on additional responsibilities. While she will continue to manage the companion animal brands for BioZyme and Cogent, she has now acquired coordinating efforts relating to Amaferm marketing domestically. Hayley will help implement the Amaferm E-Blast Series, improve the Partner Center and coordinate efforts for the Food Export Program. To best accomplish these responsibilities, Hayley now reports directly to Kristi Stevens.
Changes Coming in June 2020
- We are looking forward to rolling out a new economical VitaFerm product line June 1, 2020. Watch your email for more information.
- On June 1, 2020, VitaFerm® Cow Calf, VitaFerm® Cow Calf Mag and BioZyme® Cattle Flex 5 will be discontinued to make way for our new line (see above).
- In response to customer requests for a more durable and weather resistant bag, we are beginning to switch our granular products from multi-wall, paper to Biaxially Oriented Poly Propylene bags. In June VitaFerm® HEAT®, DuraFerm® products, and some Gain Smart® products will begin shipping in the new bags. VitaFerm® Concept•Aid® mineral products and the Gain Smart® Stocker line will transition to the new bags in July. The remaining products will transition over the next 6 months.
- On June 1, 2020, “VitaFerm®” will be removed from the Gain Smart® product names.