Depending on your location, the ever-popular “Chick Days” will be here before we know it, and products like Backyard Boost® will help these young flocks flourish! We encourage you to work with your ASM or reach out to Shelia Grobosky, the Dealer Brand Manager, to help you promote these natural products that are designed to support the health, wellbeing and productivity of poultry.
Backyard Boost Daily Essentials
Backyard Boost Daily Essentials is a pelleted, natural protein supplement fully fortified with the precision prebiotic Amaferm®, vitamins, minerals and organic trace minerals to maximize growth and egg production and support overall flock health. Amaferm is research-proven to increase digestion and absorption of nutrients to help maximize egg production and quality. In addition, Daily Essentials contains additional protein to support growth, feather quality and egg production and calcium and other nutrients for natural improvement of eggshell and yolk quality.
- 2.5 lb. or 10 lb. resealable bag.
- Fed at a rate of 0.5 oz/chick/day.
- For a 6-bird flock, 2.5 lbs. will last 2 weeks, and 10 lbs. will last 8 weeks.
- Feed daily, either in the feeder or scattered in the pen.
- Intended as a supplement, not a complete feed
Backyard Boost Defense
Backyard Boost Defense is a liquid supplement that promotes feed and water intake during times of stress and recovery to help support digestive health and a healthy inflammatory response. With natural products like the prebiotic Amaferm that helps combat the negative effects of stress and gets your hens back to producing eggs faster, and MOS to trap and expel unwanted disease-causing pathogens, limiting their ability to do harm, Defense promotes feed and water intake. It also contains electrolytes to support proper hydration and works with antibiotics to improve health and recovery.
- 16 oz and a NEW 8 oz twin neck bottle with dosing chamber.
- Added to water at the rate of 1 oz per gallon.
- Mix daily to best freshness.
- Designed for intermittent feeding during stress/recovery; can be fed at same time as Daily Essentials.
- Maximizes the effectiveness of antibiotics.
SMART STRATEGIES FOR SELLING BACKYARD BOOST
Upselling and cross-selling are marketing tools that will help both you and your customer. They help your customers succeed in their feeding and production endeavors, and they help you meet your sales goals. When you combine the two and work them together, your business will experience even more growth.
Upselling is the is the practice of encouraging customers to purchase a comparable higher-end product than the one they might be originally considering. Cross-selling urges customers to buy related or complementary items. These two practices are most effective when they are used synergistically, and the end result for you, the dealer, is increased sales and hopefully a customer who sees better results.
Cross-selling is a practice that should be used in business nearly every time you make a sale. Products in the new Backyard Boost™line like Backyard Boost Daily Essentials and Backyard Boost Defense were created for cross-selling opportunities. Most people won’t immediately think of nutritional supplements for their backyard birds. However, they will think of other essentials like coops, heat lamps, bedding and feed. When they go pick out their feed or have questions about bird health, these are some ideal times for some cross-selling statements.
- Have you thought about how you’re going to keep your chicks healthy?
- Would you like to add a supplement to your chick feed to keep them feeling healthy and keep them happy?
- Did you know that a product like Daily Essentials will help your chickens get the most nutrient supply from their feed?
- How are you going to treat your chicks when they stress out and get sick? Have you thought about Defense.
Cross selling allows you to add on an essential product that will benefit the customer in his or her endeavor. Often times when you cross-sell, the customer hasn’t thought about that additional need yet, but when you mention it, it becomes an “ah-ha” moment for them, and a cross-sell suggestion often saves the customer a trip back to the store in the future, while helping you create a sale.
Upselling is a tool that should be used anytime you have a product that contains Amaferm®. With a prebiotic like Amaferm, products like Backyard Boost Daily Essentials and Defense are already more beneficial than other supplements that exist on the market. The Amaferm advantage and other natural ingredients in these supplements will:
- Support performance and health of the birds by supporting the digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Reduce digestive upset, therefore improve the overall health and wellbeing of the birds.
- Increase egg production, while improving eggshell and yolk quality.
- Supports growth and feather quality.
- Boosts immune response and combats negative effects of stress.
Upselling allows you to share experiences of a high-quality product with your customer and those benefits that a premium product will provide. Remember, a premium product doesn’t always have to be the one with the highest price tag; it is the one that is backed by research and has the most high-quality ingredients included in it.
Take the time to practice upselling and cross-selling across all species and products. There is always a product that will add value to another product.