- The VitaFerm® Conserve™ mineral line will be available June 1, 2020. We worked hard during the stay at home order to come up with a line to help producers during these tough times. One ASM said it best, “Producers know that VitaFerm Concept•Aid® is the best and produces the most reliable results for their herd; however, in tough times they have to make tough decisions and sometimes that means sacrificing those reliable results for economics.” VitaFerm didn’t really offer a well marketed option and what we know is that Amaferm® must be present in the herd in good times or in tough times. If the producer can afford to invest in the best, VitaFerm Concept•Aid is it. If tough times make that impossible, VitaFerm Conserve will fit the bill until times allow for the investment in the best herd results in the USA.
VitaFerm Conserve is an economical line of vitamin and mineral supplements for beef cattle that supports the health and condition of the whole herd. It includes the Amaferm ® advantage to optimize nutrient digestion and absorption while the vitamin and mineral pack preserves cattle performance. Available formulas include:
VitaFerm Conserve will ship in the new poly bag.
- On June 1, 2020, we will no longer be manufacturing VitaFerm® Cow Calf, VitaFerm® Cow Calf Mag, BioZyme® Cattle Flex 5 and the VitaFerm® Power Keg®. These products will only be available until current inventories are exhausted. These were discontinued so we can invest heavily in the marketing of VitaFerm Conserve.
- Published Pallet rates are no longer available via the Terms and Conditions document. In lieu of published rates we have built and launched a new app called LTL Freight Calculator. Estimated shipping rates for LTL shipments can be calculated via the BioZyme Dealer Center and the LTL Freight Calculator. Visit https://dealers.backofficeapps.com/freight/calculator/new
NOTE: This tool and its results are for estimation purposes only. BioZyme, Inc makes no guarantees that these rates will be accurate when a shipment is rated and booked.
- Vitalize® High Performance has moved to a 40 lb. bag and is now using the same bag design as the other Vitalize pellet products. This was done to offset the new FedEx surcharge on product 50 lbs. and over.
- Vitalize® High Performance and Vitalize® Protein Pellets are no longer bagged with a scoop as the poly bag machine upgrade does not allow for it.
- In response to customer requests for a more durable and weather resistant bag, we are beginning to switch our bagged products from multi-wall, paper to Biaxially Oriented Poly Propylene bags. Vitalize Digest More Plus 40 lb., Vitalize Protein Pellet and Vitalize High Performance have begun shipping in the new bags. In June and July, VitaFerm® HEAT®, DuraFerm® products, VitaFerm® Concept•Aid® mineral products and the Gain Smart® line will begin shipping in the new bags. The remaining products will transition over the next 6 months.
- The impacts of coronavirus are being felt in the supply chain. The effect is most noticeable for vitamins, which have increased dramatically because of tight global supply. We are working diligently to mitigate the effects of the shortage to our products and minimize price increases.
- Due to reduced fuel demand the ethanol industry has seen significant supply chain challenges. As a result of quality and supply issues we have changed to a new DDGS supplier with a more consistent product. This has resulted in a lighter bulk density and smaller particle size that is noticeable in some of our products. This has also influenced some drier, harder minerals in some cases than we are used to manufacturing.
- On June 1, 2020, “VitaFerm®” will be removed from the Gain Smart® product names. This is to help differentiate the cow-calf VitaFerm line from the stocker Gain Smart line.
- Stephen Mohn is no longer with BioZyme. Please contact Jamie Miller or Lisa Norton with any questions.
- Caity Norton has started as the new Housekeeping & Sanitation Senior Manager and reports to Lisa Norton.
- Jeremy Javers has joined BioZyme as our new Industrial Fermentation Innovation Manager and reports to Lisa Norton.